Sunday 8 July 2012

Some Things Never Seem To Change


So there I was at an antiques fair in Stockport, looking for potential stock for my fledgling business when this bit of ephemera caught my eye and I just had to have it for my own interest. I admit that I collect some odd things, and I've been in the habit of accumulating political literature since my days as an activist with the former Libertarian Party – this may be the oldest example of an election leaflet that I've ever seen though:


 
It seems even in the 1880s local politicians were screwing the citizenry into the ground with excessive taxes!


1 comment:

  1. 'your best interests will be most assiduously studied' I bet they all breathed a sigh of relief after hearing that; whatever the f*ck it means!

    Yes politicians have been screwing us since day one, and talking bollocks for about as long as well!

    ReplyDelete